The Top June Events Happening around Northeast Mississippi

While there are plenty of major happenings going on this summer, June specifically is full of can’t-miss things to do, from Oxford to New Albany and everywhere in between.

If you’re looking for ways to pack your calendar this month, take a closer look at our favorite events happening around Northeast Mississippi this June. Did we miss your favorite? Just let us know!

Summer Sunset Series

A man playing guitar outside.

What: Although it kicked off on the 2nd, the Summer Sunset Series will feature live music in the Grove every weekend throughout the month. Check out the schedule and plan on coming out to support local artists!

Where: The Grove, Ole Miss Campus

When: Sundays in June, 6pm

International Axe Throwing Day

An axe in a tree stump.

What: If you’ve ever wanted to try your hand at axe throwing, this is your chance! Hosted by the Mississippi Axe Throwing Company in Tupelo in celebration of International Axe Throwing Day, participants can visit the venue for a night of free axe throwing.

Where: Mississippi Axe Throwing Company

When: June 13th, 6pm – 8pm

Annual Pet Fest

A cat getting chin scratches.

What: It’s a party for your pets! The Annual Pet Fest is hosted by Oxford Film Festival and MS Critterz and brings together a ton of cat videos, pet activities, local vendors, and more for a night of fun. 60% of proceeds will go towards MS Critterz, and the other 40% will go towards the Oxford Film Festival.

Where: Old Armory Pavilion

When: June 15th

Backpacking Fall Creek Falls

A girl backpacking through a forest.

What: Join the University of Mississippi as they host the Fall Creek Falls backpacking expedition! The park is one of the largest and most popular in Tennessee, with over 26,000 acres to explore and one of the highest waterfalls in the Eastern US. There is a fee to sign up for the hike, but you don’t have to be a student (and gear is provided)!

Where: Fall Creek Falls State Park

When: June 21st – 23rd

Freedom Fest Weekend

A person holding sparklers.

What: Kick off Fourth of July a little early with the Freedom Fest Weekend in New Albany! The three-day festival will feature local vendors, live music, food and drinks, games, competitions, and more. The weekend ends with a huge concert and fireworks, so be sure to check it out!

Where: New Albany Farmers’ Market

When: June 27th – 29th

Find Your Home in Northeast Mississippi

No matter the year, season, month, or even week, you’ll find something happening in one of the communities in Northeast Mississippi. Take some time to explore more of what life in these one-of-a-kind towns has to offer!

Ready to kick off your real estate journey or have some more questions about the area? Don’t hesitate to call our team!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *